Skip to main content

Today's thought

Spoiler alert, this is gonna be a really selfish sounding rant.

So May is  Mental Health Awareness Month. So, to be aware- that means to understand mental health and thus to have sympathy and compassion for those who suffer. Mental health seems to be the most taboo subject out there. Unless you have a severe retardation, "normal" people don't discuss their mental health. And they are less likely to seek treatment. Most suicides are traced back to some sort of mental health issue.... Depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bi-polar, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. A disorder is a condition characterized by lack of normal functioning of physical or mental processes... so basically it's a lack of being normal?

If you actually think about it- the mind is a beautiful and frightening place all at the same time- It's complex. People have gone mad trying to figure it out. And then you add feelings, this thing people call "a heart" to it all... your actual physical organ called the heart has nothing to do with it, but maybe because when you have ''feelings" they always seem to affect your chest region and your breathing? Maybe that's how heart and feelings and emotions became connected?

I suffer from CLINICAL DEPRESSION and ANXIETY. So, I thought I would spread the awareness by admitting that I suffer...in hopes that other people might come out, might provide me some support, or might just say "I never knew" and become more aware for the benefit of their friends and family members or self. I have received MINIMAL OUTPOURING OF SUPPORT. It's like I haven't even spoken. And it hurts. In my eyes, it proves that FACEBOOK and those who are "friends" through social media are FAKE. I receive more likes and comments for my horsey or puppy videos I share, for my USUAL sarcasm or humor, my feisty themed posts, and stupid pictures than I do for my "brave" admission to having a mental health disorder that I struggle to live with every day. It is a mind-blowing thing to go through. More people cared that I got my motorcycle license ... than care that I suffer every minute of every day from a hidden health disorder.... What does that say about the world we live in????
Here are my posts, so far, straight from my only form of social media- Facebook
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jazzy Feisty
May 1 
Mental Health Awareness Month (also referred to as "Mental Health Month")has been observed in May in the United States since 1949, reaching millions of people in the United States through the media, local events, and screenings. #mentalhealthmonth #mentalhealthawareness #itsoktonotbeok
3 LIKES, NO COMMENTS

May 2
In light of NATIONAL MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH...

This is what depression is like (although every time I see Sheldon I can't help but smile).
QUOTE: ME: I'm gonna clean the apartment, go grocery shopping, cook dinner, and get work done
3 Minutes after getting home:

See gif : https://media.giphy.com/media/fOVGTYyYtV6Ra/giphy.gif please click :)
3 LIKES, NO COMMENTS

Jazzy Feisty
Reminding myself there have been many wonderful moments in the past 30 days. 
 <3
Jasmine's April Memories
16 LIKES, NO COMMENTS (I attribute this to the fact that there are "silly pictures" and it is less uncomfortable for people to view... my depression and anxiety has led me to second guess and over analyze everything)

Jazzy Feisty was feeling better.
Lions- lionesses to be exact- don't have their balloon burst when they don't catch the first thing they go after. They know they have to keep going, keep trying, and that victory is in nailing it, not trying. I'm feeling positive today and OMG it feels good. #dontkillmyvibe #winning #nailit 
#mentalhealthmonth #mentalhealthawareness #itsoktonotbeok
(I was having a good day and wanting to project these good vibes on others...)
12 LIKES, 1 COMMENT (I attribute this to it not be overwhelming about mental illness
... my depression and anxiety has led me to second guess and over analyze everything)

4 LIKES, 2 COMMENTS

Jazzy Feisty
May 11
I AM fearfully and WONDERFULLY made. #mentalhealthawarenessmonth#silentbattle #fighter

Indulge in the supersoft french terry construction of this cozy pullover that features a funnel-neck design for a modern edge.
ZULILY.COM
2 LIKES, 0 COMMENTS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psychologists say "Expect nothing from anyone, and you'll always be pleasantly surprised..." That is so much easier said than done. When you have battled for a long time -a lifetime of anxiety, a year and a half of depression...seems like an eternity...., battled away suicidal thoughts, pushed away people because you are not even happy with yourself, prayed for acceptance and support and for something, anything good to happen... the responses (or lack thereof) just come across as a great big "WHO GIVES A F**K". And that my friends, is depression at it's finest. Worrying about it, noticing it is anxiety at it's finest. This is my hell. This is me- trying to be strong, trying to spread awareness and strength, trying to survive. This is me feeling like a FAILURE. EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF EVERY DAY.

Please help. Please help me. Please help your friends and loved ones. Please help yourself. Please look for signs. Those passive aggressive posts, those sad song lyrics, those friends who become reclusive and distant.... Please ask them if they are Ok. If they mention no, try to understand that, YES, everyone goes through shit but some people cannot see the light. Some people are medically or clinically in disorder and no one wants to talk about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded