Skip to main content

I'm pregnant with a Corona- baby

So we all joked about it when the 'stay at home orders' were put in place- That there would be a baby boom in 9-12 months. We'd have a vaccine and a new generation at the same time.
A generation born into a fearful, cautious world with masks and gloves and very small social circles.

As someone who suffered through infertility for 3 YEARS the first time around, as someone who had extremely high anxiety, as someone who had a major panic attack within the first 3 days of 'lock-down'.... I never thought that we would NAIL IT in the first few weeks of quarantine.
But here we are. We did it. We are having a Corona-baby, and Quarantine kiddo, generation Coron-ial.

A little back story, we have been 'not trying' but open to another child for at least the last 9 months. We are not practicing any form of birth control and not strictly sticking to a 'trying to conceive' schedule (people who have dealt with infertility do this. it sucks but it works). As a c-section mama, I really wanted to have a V back the next time around so we had to have at least 18 months between births to even consider it. My toddler is 21 months old so we are in the clear now.

Being in quarantine with a toddler, a grumpy middle aged dog, and a toddler-like mid 30s guy is tough enough. The guy has little patience, losses it quickly, blows up, pouts, then acts like everything is perfectly fine. So does the toddler. The dog keeps to himself mostly, unless there's deliveries.
Now, let's add morning sickness that lasts until mid afternoon, sleep interrupted by pee breaks, ill-timed doctor's appointments, financial worries as the economy crumbles, and self preservation by way of social isolation to the mix. Not that pregnant women are any more susceptible to the virus, but the idea of being potentially THAT SICK while carrying is a little daunting, to say the least. Not to mention all of the new restrictions at doctor's offices and hospitals. Maternity ANYTHING is no midsummer night's dream right now.

A pregnancy is always exciting, always a joyous occasion- but this may not have been opportune timing. No support, no help with the toddler when I'm sick or tired, or sick and tired. Stuck with a hubby who plays video games in his spare time and a grumpy doggo. Shamed by some friends and family if I venture out to the store or to grandparents houses. Thank goodness for telemedicine, I've got my therapist on speed dial. Also, thank goodness for Zoom, Skype, Facebook messenger, and google hangouts. Seeing people through video is better than actually being alone.

So I figured that I would chronicle this pregnancy, in quarantine, from a state on LOCKDOWN (NJ). Cheers to the next 9 months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all