Skip to main content

I'm pregnant with a Corona- baby

So we all joked about it when the 'stay at home orders' were put in place- That there would be a baby boom in 9-12 months. We'd have a vaccine and a new generation at the same time.
A generation born into a fearful, cautious world with masks and gloves and very small social circles.

As someone who suffered through infertility for 3 YEARS the first time around, as someone who had extremely high anxiety, as someone who had a major panic attack within the first 3 days of 'lock-down'.... I never thought that we would NAIL IT in the first few weeks of quarantine.
But here we are. We did it. We are having a Corona-baby, and Quarantine kiddo, generation Coron-ial.

A little back story, we have been 'not trying' but open to another child for at least the last 9 months. We are not practicing any form of birth control and not strictly sticking to a 'trying to conceive' schedule (people who have dealt with infertility do this. it sucks but it works). As a c-section mama, I really wanted to have a V back the next time around so we had to have at least 18 months between births to even consider it. My toddler is 21 months old so we are in the clear now.

Being in quarantine with a toddler, a grumpy middle aged dog, and a toddler-like mid 30s guy is tough enough. The guy has little patience, losses it quickly, blows up, pouts, then acts like everything is perfectly fine. So does the toddler. The dog keeps to himself mostly, unless there's deliveries.
Now, let's add morning sickness that lasts until mid afternoon, sleep interrupted by pee breaks, ill-timed doctor's appointments, financial worries as the economy crumbles, and self preservation by way of social isolation to the mix. Not that pregnant women are any more susceptible to the virus, but the idea of being potentially THAT SICK while carrying is a little daunting, to say the least. Not to mention all of the new restrictions at doctor's offices and hospitals. Maternity ANYTHING is no midsummer night's dream right now.

A pregnancy is always exciting, always a joyous occasion- but this may not have been opportune timing. No support, no help with the toddler when I'm sick or tired, or sick and tired. Stuck with a hubby who plays video games in his spare time and a grumpy doggo. Shamed by some friends and family if I venture out to the store or to grandparents houses. Thank goodness for telemedicine, I've got my therapist on speed dial. Also, thank goodness for Zoom, Skype, Facebook messenger, and google hangouts. Seeing people through video is better than actually being alone.

So I figured that I would chronicle this pregnancy, in quarantine, from a state on LOCKDOWN (NJ). Cheers to the next 9 months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea...

The new normal: Fat acceptance

A new study published in the 'International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education' reveals that the average size of an American woman is now between a 16 to 18, which is an increase from 10-year-old data that indicated most women in the U.S. were a size 14. "I am hoping this will help nudge the fashion industry to seriously consider expanding their sizes," said study author Deborah Christel, Ph.D. LOL...  But you don't make the connection between larger sizes of humans overall and obesity? You don't hope that the results of the 'study' you did encourage people to start eating better and exercising more and you know, stop being obese? You just hope the multi billion dollar fashion industry changes its ways... er, um, sizes. Because... feelings? I mean, anyone who says they can't find clothing in their size is forgetting to tell you the whole story, leaving out key factors like: can't find clothing in their price range, can...

Identifying and fighting monotony in life

I took my horses for a gallop out in the field yesterday because clearly they are frustrated with their training (trotting in the dusty ring for 40 minutes to build muscle tone). They got a kick out of it!  :)  literally- kicking up their heels and ears perked. Some times monotony is a mind killer in horses. Sometimes they just need to "horse" more and "human" less. But ya know what? I AM FRUSTRATED. I am sick of doing the same thing every day. Of waking up and knowing exactly what I will do at exactly what time-  and finding no surprises in my everyday life. I want to "human" more. I feel like a machine. I am going  through  motions: 7 am alarm.  Husband calls between 7:10 and 7:20 to make sure I'm up for the day.  Get up.  Poop.    (Threw that in there for the laugh effect.) Eat.  Walk dog.  Prep lunch & dinner.  Get dressed (including doing hair).  Pack riding bag. Commute.  Sit at desk...