Skip to main content

Yesterday was MLK Jr day, and BLM jumped right on the bandwagon

As the nation celebrates #MLK Jr day — some would say it's important to note the current movement, that his people are still fighting the battle he started. They may go as far as to remind us all that people today are more critical of the movement for black lives than they were of the civil rights movement in the 60's.
And then they ask-- How do we change that?

~~~Here we go... you want 2 cents? I got it!~~~

I think that what most people in this day and age forget, is that MLK Jr WAS A PACIFIST- That is probably the big difference. He was also educated. He calculated his words. He calculated the response to his words. He calculated his response to their response. He thought things out and always stayed true to his core self- being a pacifist (which means he wholeheartedly believed that war and violence are unjustifiable). And thus, he will always be remembered as the biggest ACTIVIST. His demeanor, his actions, his very well thought out words and marches were the most powerful actions of the day. 

Today's movement, BLM, hinders itself by straying from that. By siding with Black Panther rhetoric and trying to connect it to the peaceful Mr. King. By siding with criminals and trying to make them seem like heroes. By going against the law instead of working side by side with them to see the change they want to see. What the movement is ignoring, is the fact that there are many many ways to go about this... there's probably a way to go about it in which neither side perishes.... BLM has to find that middle ground. They have to separate themselves from the BAD GUYS that stand out more than the good guys....



And for those of us who are critical of the movement, who are afraid of the people involved in the movement, who cannot find a common ground with them... They are 'racists'. They 'support the KKK'. they are 'bigots'. NO. NOT TRUE. 
Not agreeing with everything about Black Lives Matter is not the same as the 60s when civil rights activists got beat up or worse, lynched. To compare the two eras, the two groups of 'activists', 
is offensive to those activists who died fighting the good fight.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all