Skip to main content

Ugh I'm hungry 24/7 but I want to lose this extra weight!!

The struggle is real.

I know it. Anyone else ranging from "I have a few pounds to spare" to "I'm morbidly obese and I don't know what to do" knows it. 

The moment you try to make that change, where you decide to restrict intake and calories and carbs and sugars... That is the moment that those things become all that you can think about.

I want pizza, I want bagels, I want chocolate bars, I want cookies for the 3pm snack instead of a cheese stick. I want a can of soda instead of a 10th glass of water. I want to think I can have one mini size piece of chocolate and it won't ruin my day. 

I want 3 sugars in my coffee and 1/4 cup of half and half, black coffee is depressing. 

I want to eat haphazardly like my husband and forego walks or workouts. How does he look so fit when he eats pizza and pierogis and bread, bread, bread?! He must be an alien, there's no other explanation.

But let's calm our minds, let's rant & then get over it, and get back to the task at hand..... woooooosaaaah my friends!

GAINING WEIGHT IS EASY. LOSING THAT WEIGHT IS NOT
*I know that's not the case for everyone, some people struggle to maintain their weight. I get it.*


Muscle weighs more than fat, but fat is harder to get rid of than anything else in the body. Once that slimy stuff deposits, you need a construction crew to remove it. Taking back your body is essential to the longevity of said body. Let's think about longevity... abusing things causes them to underperform and break down, right? Not doing general basic maintenance causes things to underperform and breakdown. Unnecesary build-ups in things, such as hoses, pipes, arteries, intestines, pores, can cause back-ups, blockages, and ultimately the inability to use it at all. If you put the wrong type of fuel in a machine, say diesel into a regular or the other way around, or ethanol when it needs petrol, or wood when it needs coal...  The wrong fuel can be disastrous.

We all know the phrase "a well-oiled machine"... there's a lot of truth in that statement. Machines need to be in tip-top shape to work efficiently. Your body is the greatest machine. We have modeled machines and inventions after our own bodies. I mean come on, plumbers use "elbow bends" because that sh*t is ingenious.... 

If you don't take care of your machine, if you don't keep it in tip-top shape-- and let me acknowledge that, YES, that varies from person to person-- if you don't feed it the best fuel for it and steer clear of harmful additives... how can you expect your machine to do the job it is meant to? To support you? To work every time you need it to, in exactly the way it's supposed to?

It is always a struggle to correct wrongs, but it can be done. It takes more work than doing the wrongs. It IS an uphill battle. But a healthy lifestyle is the ultimate "it was all worth it in the end"... because, longevity. You want to be around to play with your kids, your grandkids, your great-grandkids... right? And actively engage them in play, not just be a vegetable. Healthy lifestyles are good for body, mind, and soul.

So yeah, the struggle IS real. But it's a struggle worth having- it's a struggle worth conquering. Because a better you, a longer life, a better quality of life is what you need to focus on... not that pizza you are denying yourself. All in good time, my friend.... all in good time. (*cries inside*)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded