Skip to main content

Get off your a$$....

Although most of us will not make eye contact and shift uncomfortably around and make 101 excuses- and otherwise struggle to avoid the unpleasant reality- when asked about why we don't get up and exercise of SOME SORT we get almost defensive about it.

The mindset of "don't judge me, you don't know my life" is quite apparent across the board. But the truth of the matter is--- unless we are injured or sick, being or not being fit is a choice. Oh yes, it really is a CHOICE. Sorry(not sorry) about pointing that one out. 

Each and every day has 24 hours. So: sleep 8, work 10, (which most don't) and that still leaves 6 hours. Maybe commute 2? 4 hours left.
Somewhere in that 4 hours there is a half hour to do some active physical exercise- studies show that even a half hour of focused exercise is good for the mind and body.

I find it hard to exercise in the morning. I'm better at getting it in at night or during my lunch break- half hour walk at lunch is really spectacular. I get to clear my mind, breathe fresh air, and maybe soak up some vitamin D!

I find it hard to exercise in my apartment. One of my neighbors once asked my husband if we had a wildebeest up in our apartment, and we said "No just Tony Horton on the TV and my wife exercising". When the weather is nicer I take longer walks with the dog or take my jump rope outside.

I find it hard to go to a gym. I find it hard to change into workout clothes and drive to the damn place, circle around looking for parking, search for a machine that's free. I find it hard to show up with the initent to swim and the pool is full, to show up with the intent to shoot some hoops and the courts are full, to show up with the intent to not feel judged and there's a packed house with lots of roaming eyes.

I find it hard to look at myself in the mirror every day and know that my clothes are too tight and my body embarrasses me, and I still find it hard to exercise.

Life is hard, life is full of choices. Accepting something that actually doesn't make you happy is a choice that you make. 

It takes 21 days to form a habit. If you started small, got into a routine, and worked your way to bigger things... 21 days would probably fly by. Start small- take the stairs instead of the elevator. Start small- walk to the corner store instead of drive. Start small- take a 10-minute walk in the morning to 'wake-up". Start small- take a 10-minute walk at lunch instead of sitting dormant. Start small- take a 10-minute walk after dinner and before you consider dessert. Start small- park further away from your office/apartment/house/desired storefront just because you want to walk a little farther. I truly believe that WALKING MORE is the least you can do to make a start towards exercising.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded