Skip to main content

"Not so Skinny Jazzy" is not so skinny...again...

So it's interesting that the name of this blog is "Not so Skinny Jazzy". I immediately regretted that when I posted my first non-weight loss inspired post. I literally just counted - out of 175 entries, about 13 are about weight loss. Pretty much the first 13 that were written in the 30 days I was doing the strict 30 days of the Isagenix diet.
And I look at myself and realize I will have to start that strict 30 again. I will have to start dieting and exercising at least moderately. Since I first started this blog, I have blown up like a balloon. I have never weighed so much in my life, not even with freshman 15 and a fetus inside me. I weigh 145lbs. My "happy weight" (based on BMI) is like 122.
Let me interject here- this is exactly why I call myself "not so skinny Jazzy".... There are some people who would say "I wish I weighed 145lbs" and scoff at me and make me feel bad for my feelings. My own family has done this throughout the years. At one point in my life, I weighed 112 pounds and still had an unsightly belly pouch...why? Because I was not taking the time to work on problem areas. I just wasn't eating in general. I didn't look good. I felt good- sometimes. Sometimes I looked at that pouch and just hated my body. It's all about perception. Self-perception is often the most detrimental. Add to your foundation of self-perception all the comments from peers- friends, family, spouse- people that you trust and you respect them and their opinions. Now you have dangerous beast roaring in your face. Plenty of people have become bulimic, anorexic, or grossly obese just because of these two things. Recap:
#1 Negative self-perception
#2 Negative personal environment
Not sure if you noticed, but those two things are actually things you have complete control over.
SELF-perception. PERSONAL environment. PLEASE- Don't blame other people for your feelings or the emotional and physical outcome of those feelings. I know that I choose to curl up on the couch and cry, eat cookies, and drink wine instead of going for a jog WAY too many times- and that that is what lead me to the dark place I am at. Blaming others allows you to stay sitting on the couch, mindlessly munching on those snacks. It is a vicious cycle. Only when you take responsibility and take control of your situation can you begin to make the change.

This morning, it took me almost an hour to find an outfit. I picked out lots of nice stuff from my closet and drawers, and I tried most of it on. Everything that didn't fit or didn't make me feel good is now in a pile on my floor. Pants, skirts, shirts. The end result was frustration, depression, and a feeling of defeat. I was not happy with the outfit I settled on, I was not happy with the lumps and bumps I could see (even though I'm wearing Spanx), I was not happy with my double chin when I tried to smile. Even nicely blown out hair and a little makeup couldn't save the day.

The thoughts ran through my head- I could starve myself. I could throw up when I eat something I shouldn't. I could....                  What stupid thoughts.

How about- I could walk every day at lunch, and maybe start to JOG. I could get up off the couch at 10 each night and go for the nightly walk with my husband and dog. I could wake up earlier in the morning and take a longer walk with my dog, and maybe start to JOG. My physical activity is at an all-time minimum lately. Even though I ride a horse 3 days a week, I have gained weight since I started this new routine. Input and output are not equal, not even close. I need to stop shoveling free food in my mouth and start focusing on quality food. Better food costs more money, takes longer to prepare,  or even comes from a store that is farther away. But SOMETHING has to be done. MY CLOTHES DO NOT FIT. I have beautiful clothes that I invested time and money in. Either I invest time and money into new, bigger clothes- or I invest time and money into fitness and nutrition.

Lots of people struggle with weight. Like me, most people struggle to MAINTAIN a happy, healthy weight. MAINETNEANCE... why is that always last thing on people's minds? Maintenance of house, car, marriage, health. Maintenance, in the long run, saves you time and money no matter what it is in reference too. Dedicate your resources(time and money) to things that matter the most to you. You health should be high on that list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded