Skip to main content

So if I dislike some women, or things some of them do, or judge some of them... then I am a misogynist? That seems (sooooo) extreme.


Here's the article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/natalyalobanova/ways-you-didnt-realise-youve-internalised-misogyny?utm_term=.xkrLmEXG0#.acBY3xOGR
 Here's the title:

23 Ways You May Have Internalised Misogyny Without Even Realising

Boy oh boy it's rant/response time!!


Definition of misogyny: dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. So if I dislike some women, or things some of them they do, or judge some of them... then I am a misogynist? That seems extreme. Read the article, then move on to my response to it
*I've been appalled by body hair on other women- mustaches and 5 o'clock shadows mostly- while allowing some of mine to get unruly at times (So I participate in no shave November, judge me). *I've felt uncomfortable having stubble under my arms, on my legs, and on my bikini line-- That's my personal feeling about it and my personal regret for overlooking it. I take responsibility for why I feel uncomfortable, and I usually get over it so it doesn't ruin my day. *I joke that I have the sexual urges of a man because it seems most women don't have them, and most men brag about them. Since my husband is a man and he DOES NOT have the same sexual appetite as me I know that it is not ALL men who are this way- but whatever. I'm not offended because it's more socially acceptable for men to have vivacious sex lives. I live my own life. *Even though sex is a mutual act, it is not mutually experienced. Try as hard as you can, climaxing at or near the same time is virtually impossible and can actually make the sex suck. My hubby is well aware that he will have to service me if he reaches his first, and if I don't want the P I will still try to please him in some way. Communication is key ladies. Don't blame the men for it- you're just as responsible for the outcome. *Being threatened or jealous of prettier chicks is an instinct- we know who's faster, stronger, smarter and vying for mates. That's animalistic instincts in us. Fight it all you want- but in reality, you don't HAVE TO like anyone else. *I have gone back and forth between wanting to have kids and not wanting them, between having a career if I have kids and being a stay at home mom. Even considered hubby being the stay at home parent. It's personal. Everyone not involved should mind their own business. The couple gets to decide and if people want to judge whatever ladies- let it roll off you. Have a thicker skin, ladies. Have a witty response. Or tell people to mind their own business.Be that bada$$ b**ch or nasty woman or whatever you want to call yourself.
*Whether or not I have experienced discrimination, predjudiced, violence, or whatever else makes you a feminist... I choose not to actively be one. IN MY OPINION they're whiney, annoying, don't get their facts right, appear uneducated, are selfish, and seem to hate men. I like men. I like my dad, my hubby, my guy friends- I like men A LOT. I hate feminists. And that's my personal choice. Don't tell me how to feel lol- I won't tell you to take your pussy hat off your head. Stupid article. SMH. Come on people- stop trying to change everyone else and their perceptions and start where you have the power to MAKE a change. Just start with yourself. If you think you put too much emphasis on certain things, then you do you and right it in your soul. We spend too much time judging and generalizing and trying to put labels on OTHER people. That's gotta be stressful, and induce anxiety. I'm anxious just thinking about all the women who are now like OMG I'm a misoginist!!! MAYBE you are, maybe you're not. I personally don't think I'm 100% a misogynist and thus I will not be focusing my efforts on fighting my misogyny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded