Skip to main content

Waiting, watching, trying not think about it (TTC)

So my husband and I have been toying with the idea of IVF. That some sort of fertility treatment is probably the next step. And I figure there are three steps to try. If you think/know of others, please share in the comments!
1. Inject his sperm directly into my uterus
2. Take hormones to make sure I am poly ovulating (not sure the scientific term- but it causes more than one egg to ovulate) during a cycle or two
3. Put sperm and egg in petri dish and force glorious union which is then deposited into uterus

While I would love to think that being zen and chill and happy with my life as it is could lead to a spontaneous conception during my next cycle, it's hard to be terribly optimistic. And I'm really really fighting optimism this month after my husband read article upon article saying couples had a higher chance of conception after the HSG procedure because it kind of cleans the cobwebs out of the tubes. Gross, but you get the idea. It's like draino for your lady plumbing.

So I am trying not to think about it too much... trying not to get excited... trying not to check and double check my GLOW Cycle tracking app which tells me when my period is due...
My husband, on the other hand, is like "so when is your period due?"... and I snapped at him.
I'm like "I'm just trying not to think about that or focus on that OK so let's not talk about it. You will know if it shows up." Five minutes later I looked at the app and told him how many days we had until the floodgates open.

I have a script sitting at home for anti-Mullerian hormone bloodwork testing, which would probably lead to an ultrasound of my ovaries. One of my friends who's also dealing with infertility suggested I go straight to a reproductive endocrinologist and stop messing around.

I'm all over here worrying that my horse has been bucking when I rode him this week, that I've been eating like crap, that football season beings both booze and anxiety to my life, and that I'm already too fat for any of my pants....

3 days until period.

Comments

  1. Love you, girly! Hang tight, and keep your head up. Coping with infertility isn't easy. Going from optimism and hope one week to grieving what could be the next, month in and month out, is taxing. Take breaks from the process when you need them, be gentle on yourself and your marriage, and trust that no matter what you'll both get through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded