Skip to main content

If you complain about something, you expect someone to DO something about it- right?

So think about this

If you feel you are being harassed- you can tell your supervisor, you can tell management, you can call the police. And you EXPECT something to be done- and you expect something to be done in your favor.
And if the people you tell don't do something about it that IS in your favor... you can wreck them. If it's a business- you tell people bad things about them and get them to never go there. If it's in your office, you can go to someone higher up and have the person you originally spoke to reprimanded for not handling your situation the way that you wanted it. If someone is bothering you in a public place- or even worse, in your own house- you can call the police and most likely they will be removed.

Apparently that works for you if you are the one having done the calling on the police. Apparently that's a huge problem if you are the one the police are "coming after". I don't know how to put it another way.

But I do know this-
On my wedding night, a person staying in the hotel we were staying at called the police because we were having an after-party in our suite and it was keeping her up. The police went to HER room first because she called, then came to our room to see what was going on. The police decided that management at the hotel should have handled it better- moving that woman would have been a good idea- and that it was not their place to do anything... mostly because they sympathized that my guests and I were celebrating, and that we should not have a damper put on that. WELL- the woman who called them did not like that one bit. To the point that she started treating the police like they were hired henchmen there to do her business. "I called you, I expect you to DO something about this" "You're not going to do your job?"

So- you called the cops and you expected them to do something. So did the owner of the store where a male was peddling CDs right outside. So did the woman who knew her brother was acting erratically. So did the passerby's who reported a vehicle stopped in the middle of the highway.

And they did something. But FYI- they were called out to do their job and some bad shit went down. Not pointing fingers about who's wrong or right.

On the other hand, you have cops who are out doing their job and a passerby decides to get nosy and tape them. Because that passerby- without any prior knowledge to the situation at hand- sees an opportunity. Maybe the police are doing something wrong and this passerby will catch them in the act!! Maybe the police will be overly brutal and this person will catch them and sell that tape! Maybe the police officer will do something super nice and the person will have caught it on tape and a-huh they can sell that to promote the officers doing good things for our community. I believe the person said they were taping because they looked on the scene and assumed excessive force and unjust treatment of the parties being 'policed'. **I won't post names but you've probably heard all about this incident in particular**
Regardless of the the reasoning. Now you have a civilian that is poking their nose into official police business and taping them without their consent- raise your hand if you like your image being used without your consent?- and the police asked them to cease and dissist. I was pretty convinced we should almost always comply with officers wishes. But that's just me and the way I was brought up...
So the police ask nicely, the passerby makes a nasty remark, and the police ARREST him. Who knows what the fate of the people they were actually "policing" was. Who knows why they were there. No one. not news. Just a routine police encounter from there-on -out.

But said arrested passerby is a high ranking official. And he's not white. So of course, this is news. He was UNFAIRLY TREATED.

I've never been arrested, but then again- I've also always complied with officers wishes. If I gave them attitude I got the ticket I deserved or got detained while they called for back-up or whatever else. But I choose not to make stupid decisions and defy that thin blue line because ultimately- the safety they bring me outweighs the strife.

Maybe if more people saw it this way, and faced the police with RESPECT, they would be given respect in return and wouldn't always "be the victim".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded