Skip to main content

A little MORE about me

It has come to my attention that people have no problem disregarding my voice, my opinion, my outlooks, my feelings, and my attempts to rationalize the craziness that is going on in the world- and it seems to me that it's because they are too busy generalizing me and who I am and that based on their assumptions they are unwilling to see me fit to also have a say. So let me tell you a little MORE about me.

I think this should be made into a video to start my vlog channel.

Hi. I'm Jasmine.
People call me Jazzy, Feisty, Jersey. Call me basic bitch for all I care.

I'm white.
I'm female.
I fall into that 21-40 age range.
I'm short.
I have some sort of Italian American heritage that is noticeable in the way I talk loudly and using exaggerated hand gestures, the way (and amount of food) I cook, and my overall persona- some would even say I have an accent.

I grew up in suburban, urban, and rural America.

I'm some sort of educated... I have a high school diploma, a degree from the school of hardknocks (AKA real world experience), and a college degree. I have a bachelor's of science in NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS thank you very much. I continue to payoff every cent of my own schooling.

I am willfully employed- I work a 9 to 5 office job for a privately owned and operated company. I also have two side jobs, they are not so "cushy".

I'm married. I'm straight. He's older than me. He's an immigrant, not born in USA but a legal citizen. Came here when his parents win the visa lottery.

We rent, don't have much outstanding debt (meaning credit card debt, however I have some staggering student loan figures), own our cars, pay all our bills, have a dog. We live below our means and make (mostly- him more than me) sound financial decisions. We paid for our own wedding. We have a savings and an investment account. We save for retirement using 401ks. 

I think I'm funny, fun, sweet, sometimes a bitch (when prompted, occasionally without prompting). I work hard, I laugh harder. I like to have fun, I like to make it so other people have fun. I am kind and compassionate. I love to help others- animals more so than humans, but whatever. Don't judge me.

We are pretty basic and generic. Average Joe's. Nobodies really. But we want to be better US's and make the world a better place for our (hopefully someday soon)kids. 

I have come to feel that because I am a white, straight, educated, relatively well paid woman (with a big mouth) others feel that parts of what make me who I am disqualify me from speaking my mind, having my opinion be heard and respected, and otherwise render me undeserving of 2nd amendment rights (AKA Freedom of speech). My words have been met with unadulterated hate. My very being has been bashed. I have been called bigoted and racist just because I fall into a few certain choice categories of people that are not held in high esteem right now. 

And then there's the question of why I do this.... to be blunt: I have a lot to say.
Maybe people agree with me, maybe they don't. But I've lived and learned and I've got some interesting insight to the world. So thanks for joining me, thanks for checking this out and fingers crossed for a vlog. :)

Cheers B*tches! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all