Skip to main content

It's election day 2016...

This may be one of the most (bizarre) significant elections of all time for America.
The two major parties have both put forward "controversial" figures.
One is a man, one is a woman.
One is a lawyer turned politician, one is a business man not familiar with the ins and outs of politics.
One has disappointed the majority of the American people publicly, the other has disappointed the minority of American people privately.

Both are vying for every single person in America's VOTE.
...........AND THEN..........
There's the two other options- Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party Jill Stein.
Oh wait, you're an American and didn't know you had other options?
Oh wait, you are a foreigner and didn't know we had other options? (As you've been scoffing at us and feeling bad for us having to choose the lesser of two evils...)

Do you know what I'm tired of?
-Mudslinging
- going after the "little guys", minorities, and groups of people you have nothing in common with and do not even like
-media bias
-internet trolls
-That bitch's condescending smile
- That terrible fake tan (he's not that orange but damn do TV cameras make it worse)
-hearing everything everyone has dug up
-hearing normal people shut down other normal people's opinions and beliefs in the nastiest ways possible

-THIS ELECTION

By tomorrow morning we will have a new leader. there's no stopping it. And for the record, everyone is thinking that Donald Trump is a complainer because he thinks the election and the system is rigged, but if we all understood the election process better we would realize he's kinda right. After we go and vote, and the outcome comes out to 42% HC and 48% DT, there are people who get to make the decision about HOW THE STATE VOTES. They are supposed to take into account the majority and then cast their vote. the Electoral college is supposed to take in what the public wants and cast it's vote accordingly. BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TO. When the #s are so close, they get to decide. Their vote becomes our vote. That is how a mostly Democratic state ends up voting Republican or vice versa. He is not 100% wrong- we are all(including him) just not that educated on how our voting system actually works. Very interesting. And while I may have realized this months ago, there are still people blindly going to the polls not knowing this.

I don't want to hear tomorrow when Donald Trump is confused that people think he's a whiner. I want them to see it as it really is- a learning experience for him and the rest of us. To learn more about the government that represents you, how it is elected, how it is run, and how it is or IS NOT meeting our needs- so that we can be proactive and change it if we need to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all