Skip to main content

It's National Dog Day here in America!!

And let me tell you, I have pretty much the cutest dog ever.

He's kind of an a$$hole though.

My dog is half Shiba Inu, half Jack Russell. If you know anything about the breeds, he's kinds a weirdo. Shiba Inu's are medium sized Japanese guard dogs. They're independent, very loyal, but kinda have a "no f*cks given" attitude. EXTREMELY intelligent. Then you got the Jack- and here in America they're pretty popular, especially with horse people. They're small. They're diggers. They are fast, they are athletic, they are high energy. They have the urge to go after smaller animals. They're Loyal, and super intelligent as well.
So my dog. Well he is so smart. I once watched him climb the back of the recliner until he could get off onto the kitchen table. He's fast- but not too fast. He's independent- he doesn't need mom or dad or our approval. He once walked himself down to the dog park... crossed 2 roads... and was hanging out there looking for someone to play with. He also once got out and went down to the bus stop to see the kids. He is the Alpha male- no matter what my husband tells you. He perches in the window and keeps guard. He sleeps at the foot of the bed and keeps guard. And even though he's not a true snuggler, when  you are fast asleep there's no place he would rather be than curled up in a ball between your legs.

So cheers to weirdos, cheers to mutts, cheers to dogs everywhere!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea...

The new normal: Fat acceptance

A new study published in the 'International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education' reveals that the average size of an American woman is now between a 16 to 18, which is an increase from 10-year-old data that indicated most women in the U.S. were a size 14. "I am hoping this will help nudge the fashion industry to seriously consider expanding their sizes," said study author Deborah Christel, Ph.D. LOL...  But you don't make the connection between larger sizes of humans overall and obesity? You don't hope that the results of the 'study' you did encourage people to start eating better and exercising more and you know, stop being obese? You just hope the multi billion dollar fashion industry changes its ways... er, um, sizes. Because... feelings? I mean, anyone who says they can't find clothing in their size is forgetting to tell you the whole story, leaving out key factors like: can't find clothing in their price range, can...

Identifying and fighting monotony in life

I took my horses for a gallop out in the field yesterday because clearly they are frustrated with their training (trotting in the dusty ring for 40 minutes to build muscle tone). They got a kick out of it!  :)  literally- kicking up their heels and ears perked. Some times monotony is a mind killer in horses. Sometimes they just need to "horse" more and "human" less. But ya know what? I AM FRUSTRATED. I am sick of doing the same thing every day. Of waking up and knowing exactly what I will do at exactly what time-  and finding no surprises in my everyday life. I want to "human" more. I feel like a machine. I am going  through  motions: 7 am alarm.  Husband calls between 7:10 and 7:20 to make sure I'm up for the day.  Get up.  Poop.    (Threw that in there for the laugh effect.) Eat.  Walk dog.  Prep lunch & dinner.  Get dressed (including doing hair).  Pack riding bag. Commute.  Sit at desk...