Skip to main content

Stand- DON'T SIT

So my husband told me over the weekend some FB player refuses to stand for national anthem... and I was like what why? I mean the national Anthem is a song about a country full of freedoms and bravery. He's using his freedom, but where is the bravery in this act?
And then Monday I find out it's one of the higher paid and more influential guys who did this. And his reason is "racial inequality in America" and more so the whole police brutality thing going on. He thinks sitting down during the national anthem is going to solve anything. 

Here's part of our convo:
....but NFL and 49ers support him?!?!?! husband:
It doesn't matter... it causes a rift in your team. Some people feel strongly about the flag. Fans, coaches, teammates. If your teammates feel strongly you create a division in the locker room. That causes sides.. which causes drama.
Telling you right now he won't be on the team much longer. There's no "I" in team. This is no place to make your political or ethical stand. And by causing drama right now, he only lowered his chances of someone else picking up his drama....
like anyone, any team, will want to stay away from him. This will cause him so much trouble its not even funny. Career ender. A lot of people associate the national anthem with the military... and if you disrespect the military in America that's like public image suicide.


Per said footballer: "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."


*side note- are you saying you support the current retaliations towards those "getting paid leaves and getting away with murder"? Would you like to address that side of the story- as they stand guard at every game making sure YOU are safe?* 

Selfish, sir, is sitting... during the countries song (a country that has in particular been very good to you) and sitting in your mansion. All he seems to be doing is sitting. Selfish, is seeing black Americans suffering in Louisiana and not helping them. That's an impoverished area that got hit- they need help and action. Selfish is not supporting intercity programs in the areas of civil unrest so these people can have a better life. They need help and action. Selfish is not supporting foster families or homeless shelters in areas of civil unrest, so that those people have better quality of life. They need help and ACTION. Selfish is sitting and yet thinking you are standing up for something. No one realized you were sitting for the reason you were sitting- you had to explain it... And keep explaining it. Points are best made in a concise manner. Points are better made in a positive manner. 



Dear Kaepernick:
It doesn't matter
You can't educate the general public by doing things like this...

You just committed public image suicide. You lost whatever power you had to get a message across and to DO something. Whether right or wrong... you chose the wrong platform to express your view. 
You probably have no idea what what the star spangled banner is about anyway... like the majority of people out there #ignorant
You chose this as a platform for a black lives matter movement and really just missed his point... you wanted everyone to talk about black lives and inequality.. but really just created a media shit storm about whether you are an idiot or not  smh so much power.... so little intelligence


Let's see you STAND UP and DO SOMETHING, sir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea

Kevin Hart has said what every normal person feels/believes...

As I sit here in my pajamas, trying to finish eating cold oatmeal and drink cold coffee, with my 3 month old daughter fussing at my side- the little dictator that she is- I say to myself, "Wow, if only 20-year-old me could see me now". What do I mean when I say that? I mean I was pretty much hell on wheels until I was 28. A hot mess for too long. In no way a role model or even proud of myself for .... anything really. I didn't speak eloquently or smartly, I was often not a respectful person towards other, I was probably down right insensitive. And I was kinda a tramp. Not exactly the kind of person you'd want around kids or even to take home to meet Mom and Grandma. But, hey- PEOPLE CHANGE. In the words of Kevin Hart: "   If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify or explain their past, then do you."   Can we all

Zoey Tur V Ben Shapiro... feelings V facts

There is a video of a Trans man (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?) named Zoey Tur (Inside Edition reporter) engaging in a conversation with Ben Shapiro (Breitbart News senior editor-at-large). It seems they were supposed to be having some sort of debate about whether Caitlin Jenner, also trans (a man who charades as a woman of sorts?), deserved the "woman of the year award" for 'bravery'. It erupted when Ben stated that Caitlin is in no way a woman, and neither is Zoey, because- FACTS. Fav line ever:  "Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben refuses to live in Zoey's reality. Ben refuses to accept things that are not based on facts. Ben sees the facts and will not be bullied into saying, doing, or believing anything illogical. At one point, the panel started getting raucous and off topic, so Ben Shapiro asked if the discussion was supposed to be on genetics and asked Zoey, “What are your genetics, sir?” (because, FACTS) Zoey proceeded