Skip to main content

My 1st Wedding Anniversary

I'd like to say that when I started this weight loss thing almost 30 days ago (I had hoped I would have a full 30 days under my belt by June 3rd when I left for vacation but alas, shipping did not allow for it) it was with the intention to be at my wedding day weight of 120-122 (not quite sure, hotels don't have scales!!) by today.

Reality is, I am nowhere near that. I am lucky if I am at 130 today.
-not enough exercise?
-too much 'cheating'? (terrible word to use while writing about a wedding anniversary....)
-Belly fat is harder to lose than other fats??

But instead of being negative- like so much of the world is ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME- I'm going to look at the positives. 
 *My husband and I have been married 1 full year.
*We have not killed each other. Although I almost burn the apartment building down every time I cook.
*Every day he tells me I'm beautiful just the way I am. He says if I want to lose weight, it is for ME. Not every woman can say that. He loves me whether I'm 130lbs, 112lbs, 135 (like when we first started dating!!)... 120ish, whatever! He supports me making changes in my life to make myself happy. He wants me to be happy.
*We went away to a beach for our anniversary, and I wore a CROP TOP with almost no shame! And a romper for the first time ever! And I felt great!

I know that looking at myself I see rolls. But having a supportive, loving husband who just loves me as I am is a light in the dark. I still want to make myself better. I want to BE better. But I know that I'm loved either way.  <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea...

The new normal: Fat acceptance

A new study published in the 'International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education' reveals that the average size of an American woman is now between a 16 to 18, which is an increase from 10-year-old data that indicated most women in the U.S. were a size 14. "I am hoping this will help nudge the fashion industry to seriously consider expanding their sizes," said study author Deborah Christel, Ph.D. LOL...  But you don't make the connection between larger sizes of humans overall and obesity? You don't hope that the results of the 'study' you did encourage people to start eating better and exercising more and you know, stop being obese? You just hope the multi billion dollar fashion industry changes its ways... er, um, sizes. Because... feelings? I mean, anyone who says they can't find clothing in their size is forgetting to tell you the whole story, leaving out key factors like: can't find clothing in their price range, can...

Identifying and fighting monotony in life

I took my horses for a gallop out in the field yesterday because clearly they are frustrated with their training (trotting in the dusty ring for 40 minutes to build muscle tone). They got a kick out of it!  :)  literally- kicking up their heels and ears perked. Some times monotony is a mind killer in horses. Sometimes they just need to "horse" more and "human" less. But ya know what? I AM FRUSTRATED. I am sick of doing the same thing every day. Of waking up and knowing exactly what I will do at exactly what time-  and finding no surprises in my everyday life. I want to "human" more. I feel like a machine. I am going  through  motions: 7 am alarm.  Husband calls between 7:10 and 7:20 to make sure I'm up for the day.  Get up.  Poop.    (Threw that in there for the laugh effect.) Eat.  Walk dog.  Prep lunch & dinner.  Get dressed (including doing hair).  Pack riding bag. Commute.  Sit at desk...