Skip to main content

Rant one on whats wrong with the world today

Thank goodness for my parents:
-they held me accountable for my own actions/words
-they didn't make excuses or compromise for bad behavior
-They taught me respect
 But what are we teaching today's generation by not holding them accountable, making excuses and compromising?!? That you don't have to do things the right way, follow rules, or have any type of respect? That everyone in the world will accept your excuses and/or make excuses for you and not hold you accountable? If that's the case, I feel truly sorry for the current generation and we, as the ACTIVE adults, have failed them. Shame on us!



I cannot wait to be a parent but I'm also afraid. Afraid that my children will be living in a world full of ungrateful, disrespectful, excise-making, not accountable for anything, no good "privileged" jerks. 

We see it now, and it's getting worse
. WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea...

The new normal: Fat acceptance

A new study published in the 'International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education' reveals that the average size of an American woman is now between a 16 to 18, which is an increase from 10-year-old data that indicated most women in the U.S. were a size 14. "I am hoping this will help nudge the fashion industry to seriously consider expanding their sizes," said study author Deborah Christel, Ph.D. LOL...  But you don't make the connection between larger sizes of humans overall and obesity? You don't hope that the results of the 'study' you did encourage people to start eating better and exercising more and you know, stop being obese? You just hope the multi billion dollar fashion industry changes its ways... er, um, sizes. Because... feelings? I mean, anyone who says they can't find clothing in their size is forgetting to tell you the whole story, leaving out key factors like: can't find clothing in their price range, can...

Identifying and fighting monotony in life

I took my horses for a gallop out in the field yesterday because clearly they are frustrated with their training (trotting in the dusty ring for 40 minutes to build muscle tone). They got a kick out of it!  :)  literally- kicking up their heels and ears perked. Some times monotony is a mind killer in horses. Sometimes they just need to "horse" more and "human" less. But ya know what? I AM FRUSTRATED. I am sick of doing the same thing every day. Of waking up and knowing exactly what I will do at exactly what time-  and finding no surprises in my everyday life. I want to "human" more. I feel like a machine. I am going  through  motions: 7 am alarm.  Husband calls between 7:10 and 7:20 to make sure I'm up for the day.  Get up.  Poop.    (Threw that in there for the laugh effect.) Eat.  Walk dog.  Prep lunch & dinner.  Get dressed (including doing hair).  Pack riding bag. Commute.  Sit at desk...