Skip to main content

Lunch beeps

So, everyday at lunch I go for a walk with my coworker/friend. 
And we talk about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. 
We "talk shop"- work related things. We "talk boys"- about my husband and her boyfriend. 
We walk, we talk, it's really refreshing. 

But (almost) every day we have a nice little awkward chuckle about one thing... people who honk at us as we are walking. Minding our own businesses. *HONK!* It usually seems to be some sort of blue collar workers in a truck or van.
And we have started coming up with reasons why they do this:
- They think we look good (obvs)
- They fantasize about a white-collar woman
- They think white collar women fantasize about the blue-collared guy who's going to fix all their 'problems'
- They're dirty old men
- They think it's the ultimate compliment
- They want us to know we were noticed

These are all legit reasons. We are still debating whether it's rude, disgusting, kinda funny, whether we are offended or feel appreciated, whether its uncalled for or just another stupid thing that happens to plenty of people every day. It's not like we are asking for it. We are wearing shift dresses, or dress pants and button up blouses, or maybe a sweater with a skirt- always with sneakers! We are not wearing short bodycon dresses with stripper heels. Some days it's hot enough to take off our sweater or blazer and show our shoulders- woohoo!
We have debated bringing gym-like clothes with us to change into so maybe we don't look so awkward. Because that's how we feel- we don't feel hot (except temperature-wise) or sexy when they do this, we actually feel awkward because we are wearing sneakers with dressed up outfits and it looks funny. So in a way- it makes us feel less self conscious (and more at the same time).

So, I guess thanks for the compliments. If you're beeping because you think we are fat or snobby or something negative than you can just f**k off, lol.

Would love to here come comments about this topic. Does this happen to you? How do you feel? Do you do this to people? Why? What's the motive? Any interpretations? Let me know!

-Jazzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone's thinking it, I'm asking: Is today's left wing liberalism a mental illness?

This is a serious topic of discussion on 'the right'. Not even the far right... the center right. The " 68 % conservatives", the "Centrists", the "Young Outsiders", and the "Somewhat Liberals".  I don't know what the spectrum is for "political or world views" but I'd have to say I hang to the right and the conservative. Which sounds so weird, because CONSERVATIVE is not really a word I'd  ever  use to describe myself. But I talked about this in past blog posts... today's topic is, are people on the FAR LEFT suffering from mental illness? My psychologist sister would have you believe that everyone suffers from some form of mental illness in varying degrees. I suffer from anxiety which induces depression. FUN! The anxiety is inherited, the depression is what occurs when you stop learning how to cope with new or prolonged anxiety inducing situations. Anxiety is a product of chemical imbalance, it can be trea...

The new normal: Fat acceptance

A new study published in the 'International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education' reveals that the average size of an American woman is now between a 16 to 18, which is an increase from 10-year-old data that indicated most women in the U.S. were a size 14. "I am hoping this will help nudge the fashion industry to seriously consider expanding their sizes," said study author Deborah Christel, Ph.D. LOL...  But you don't make the connection between larger sizes of humans overall and obesity? You don't hope that the results of the 'study' you did encourage people to start eating better and exercising more and you know, stop being obese? You just hope the multi billion dollar fashion industry changes its ways... er, um, sizes. Because... feelings? I mean, anyone who says they can't find clothing in their size is forgetting to tell you the whole story, leaving out key factors like: can't find clothing in their price range, can...

Identifying and fighting monotony in life

I took my horses for a gallop out in the field yesterday because clearly they are frustrated with their training (trotting in the dusty ring for 40 minutes to build muscle tone). They got a kick out of it!  :)  literally- kicking up their heels and ears perked. Some times monotony is a mind killer in horses. Sometimes they just need to "horse" more and "human" less. But ya know what? I AM FRUSTRATED. I am sick of doing the same thing every day. Of waking up and knowing exactly what I will do at exactly what time-  and finding no surprises in my everyday life. I want to "human" more. I feel like a machine. I am going  through  motions: 7 am alarm.  Husband calls between 7:10 and 7:20 to make sure I'm up for the day.  Get up.  Poop.    (Threw that in there for the laugh effect.) Eat.  Walk dog.  Prep lunch & dinner.  Get dressed (including doing hair).  Pack riding bag. Commute.  Sit at desk...